Some people when they’re tapering for a marathon lay on the sofa and eat cake. This is perfectly reasonable but we prefer a different approach. Such as planning Light Night Art Runs, that involve running with a hundred other people festooned in fairy lights and glow sticks through a crowded city that has turned itself into a massive art installation for the evening, of course! Such is the fab, fun and thoroughly entertaining experience that is Light Night Leeds.
Check out the album below and tag yourself if you were one of the mad, mega-fun runners who joined us on the night.
We had a whale of a time, as did our lovely runners. Events like this take some planning and our list of people to thank is pretty long:
– Run Leaders Gemma, Andrew, Neil, Ben, Adam and Anne for making everyone welcome and keeping everything on track.
– The new Sweaty Betty store in Leeds for supplying each and every runner with the Best. Goody. Bag. Ever.
– Space2 Leeds for support with every aspect of planning.
– Lulu H from Space2 for making the amazing lanterns that made the meeting room a wonderful fairy grotto of mad-runnerness.
– Yorkshire Dance for providing the room and their staff for their help and support on the night.
– Paul Abbott from Leeds College of Music for his registration guru skills.
– Up and Running for providing snap bands to keep runners safe on dark winter nights.
– Most importantly, of course, the runners who joined in and made it so much fun by having so much fun themselves.
Thanks everyone! We’re hoping to make Light Night Art Runs even bigger and better next year. If you’d like to join in, follow us on Twitter to make sure you get the word. Better still, sign up for our new Veggie Runners weekly newsletter to be sure of a place on this or any of our other Art Runs.
Leave a Reply