What do you get if you add mangoes, goji berries and chia seeds to a smoothie? A stack of amazing nutrients in a glass, that’s what!
This smoothie has anti-oxidants up the wazoo – both the mango and the berries are good sources. Both have plenty of Vitamin C too and, if you’re still not convinced, it has been claimed that mangoes can improve your sex life. You don’t need to tell us if this works, incidentally. Chia seeds are, of course, basically a miracle food. They can do no wrong in our eyes and they’ll provide a nice little punch of protein to your smoothie.
It’s vegan and it’s great for getting your ass in gear first thing on a morning or for rehydrating after a workout. Or just for drinking. It’s that good, you won’t need an excuse.
We made this with maple water, the new kid on the block giving coconut water a run for its money. It’s really tasty and worth seeking out. If you can’t get hold of it, substitute plain ol’ tap water and add another couple of drops of vanilla essence.
- 1 large mango
- 500ml maple water
- 2 tablespoons goji berries
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- Half teaspoon good quality vanilla essence
- Place the goji berries in a small bowl and cover with a little of the maple water. Leave to soak for 10 minutes to soften them up slightly.
- Peel and slice the mango.
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender (or use a stick blender) and pulse until smooth.