You know we Veggie Runners love a good protein smoothie. This vegan Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie is great for post-run repair and for helping to keep your immune system in good shape. It tastes rich and creamy, though it’s neither, and it’s lovely poured over ice cubes. A bit like Baileys but better for you. It’s a great breakfast smoothie – it will really set you up for the day – and you won’t need much to feel full and satisfied. Any spare can be kept in the fridge for a couple of days.
You can buy date syrup in Middle Eastern stores and in most big supermarkets now and you can buy plant milks almost anywhere – yippee! I whizzed my smoothie up on my fantastic Froothie blender, which whipped it up all super-fluffy and light. You could probably do this with a stick blender too; it will just take longer to pummel the dates into submission.
- 2 tablespoons peanut or almond butter
- 6-8 dates
- 1 tablespoon date syrup
- 500ml soya, almond or oat milk
- 250ml water
- 1 tablespoon vegan chocolate or vanilla protein powder
- 2 heaped teaspoons chia seeds
- As easy as ever – buzz it all in a blender then enjoy!
- Keeps for a couple of days in the fridge.